This post was copied from exceptions.wordpress.com with minor updates.
So you are working with RVM / Rails 3 / Ruby 1.9.2 and you keep on getting the following error:
To fix the issue, perform the following steps:
- Install readline using rvm: rvm install readline rvm package install readline
- Now install iconv by executing: rvm install iconv rvm package install iconv
- If you already have a version of Ruby 1.9 installed, we need to remove it by executing:
- The final step is to re-install the version of ruby:
Now to test that it worked:
- Change to the ruby version you installed: rvm use 1.9.2
- Check you are on the right version of ruby:
- Start a new irb session
- Now you should be able to require ‘iconv’ and get a ‘true’ result
Now you should be good to go!